Here you will find my thoughts and musings about all things I think and muse over. Maybe not all, because I have two kids that don’t raise themselves, even though they would probably be better at that than I am.
I think a lot. I think about doing a lot. I’ve thought a lot about writing a blog, but alas, fear is a nasty wall that’s pretty high sometimes. The constant barrage of comments from the asshole in my head is discouraging, exhausting and constant. Did I say constant? I share this for one reason; I hope to inspire. If I can do this badly to mediocre you can, too.
Let’s get right to it. Here is what’s playing in my head at any given moment:
- You’re going to use the wrong your/you’re and you’ll look like an idiot (yes, I checked whether I used the correct one several times before posting.) All grammatically related nay-saying thoughts can be represented by this one. The gist is, I don’t want to look like an idiot, but you know, sometimes I am. I have no clue how to use a comma, okay maybe a small clue, but generally no idea. I am a former offender of using loose instead of lose, allot or alot instead of a lot; I mean, I have done all the worst things you can do grammatically. I don’t even know what I’m still doing that makes me look like an idiot.
- Of course, this leads to other words of wisdom from the asshole in my head. “You’ll look ridiculous, stupid, or unworthy of internet space.” (Surely one day we will run out of internet space. That has to be a thing.) I could share an opinion that some may see as not just useless, but downright idiotic. That is sure to happen, I promise, however, that part doesn’t bother me as much as hearing people tell me all about it. Forever!
- What are YOU going to write about? I mean, who the fuck wants to listen to me blabber on about anything? I have no counter argument for this one.
- What if I could get more followers if I emptied my bladder while eating a ham sandwich on video? Okay, that is gross and sick and may be true – but eewww! Just eewww! (My friend Paul Normandin wrote this line for me. I put it in because he’s funny, and it sounds just like something I would have said if I’d thought of it.)
- Last, but certainly top of the list is, you’re a poser, Gloria. A writer you are not. Well, asshole, my brain says otherwise.
Why do I endure this cycle of “Gloria you’re crap” self-talk, only to try to get to the other side? (There is another side, right?) I’m doing it because I can’t help myself. It’s crucial to my mental health to write. It also seems important that I tell people what I think about some things, okay, everything. So instead of making everyone I meet (and my husband) listen to me tell them that they have to watch Black Mirror or that they just must read Red Rising, by Pierce Brown I am going to write a blog about this stuff. Also, I promise you this is not the last you will hear about the above-mentioned items.
I enjoy watching shows, movies, and reading because afterward, I get to talk a lot about all that is great about them. I also enjoy talking about where it could be better. I will not do that on this blog; at least that’s my intention. I don’t need to be a critic of anyone else’s art; there are plenty of those out there. There are so many shows, books, and movies that are worthy of praise, let’s get to praising. You can still find me gesticulating wildly in a coffee shop or as the passenger in a car telling a friend what needs to be better. However, here I will attempt to remain positive. It’s tough making art, and it’s exponentially harder to put it out there, so let’s be kind.
I will also express my opinions about other things. I cannot promise the same goal of being positive at all times. What I will do is be as honest and productive as I can. Now, if you’re still with me, I want to thank you for reading. There are a ton of blogs out there, and if you’re reading mine, I am honored and grateful. I will try to keep things short and sweet. Enough about me.